Jeff Collins, owner of Moving Ahead Services, will show you what you can do to save money on moving with these 10 tips for saving money on your move.
1) Clear out one room on the first floor that you’ll use for packing your items. Make sure that the space is large enough to give you a nice work space as well as a space that can handle many different box sizes.
2) Keep markers, tape, and scissors nearby. Also have your newspaper, bags, and other packaging supplies ready in this room.
3) Pack one room at a time. This way it will be easier to unload and unpack when you arrive at the new place. You might even color code your boxes by using different Sharpie colors to label boxes for each room.
4) Check the bottoms of each box before you pack anything. There’s nothing worse than getting a box all packed and seeing the bottom fall out when you pick it up.
5) Mark each box with the room that it is going to go in. You can even label each box with its contents.
If you follow these 10 tips for saving money on your move, you’ll be thrilled with the financial results. We guarantee it.