Renting a Truck Vs. Hiring Movers
How to Decide What is Best for Your Move
Renting a truck vs. hiring movers can be a tough decision, particularly if you aren’t taking all of the variables into consideration! We often receive requests for rental truck driving services and moving labor services. While some customers can benefit from one or the other, many of our customers find that hiring movers to complete their entire move is the best option!
A DIY move will typically consist of renting a truck (U Haul, Penske, Budget, etc) and coordinating all loading and packing services, and then unloading services at your destination. Instead of hiring multiple people to handle this, why not consolidate in one!? There is more organization and accountability, and often the cost is LESS in the long run!
The Biggest Factors to Consider for Renting a Truck vs. Hiring Movers
Understanding all that goes into a move, particularly a long distance move, goes a long way to understanding the costs involved.
Rental truck driving pricing will typically include;
- A professional driver
- All taxes and tolls
- Any lodging for the driver
- Transportation to and from the job
- Driving from Point A to Point B
- All traveling expenses for the driver
- $40,000 cargo insurance incase anything catastrophic happens on the road.
Versus a full service move;
- All of the above PLUS
- Truck included
- Experienced crew to load truck
- Experienced crew to unload truck
- Truck packing that mitigates the possibility of in transit damage
- All protective supplies (pads, tape, protective wrapping)
- All moving supplies (dollies, tools, retention straps for transport)
- Furniture assembly and disassembly
- Furniture rearrange at the delivery address
- The ability to make your move stress free and enjoyable!
When you need help moving, hiring labor help and then a driver is often only a small amount less than just hiring full service movers to complete the entire move!
If you are thinking of the pros and cons of renting a truck vs. hiring movers give us a call! Let’s talk about your move and figure out what the best solution is. Start with a free quote here!