Long Distance Moving Checklist
Do you have a long-distance move coming up? Moving can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be! Read our quick checklist to help you prepare for your upcoming long-distance move! Our long-distance relocation team is always prepared to answer any of your more in-depth questions. Call us today at (877) 643-4044 or fill out our moving estimate form.
- Start planning now!
- Get estimates from long-distance moving companies.
- Hire a long-distance moving company, and work with their customer service team.
- Inventory your home and start sorting your items.
- Create a list of things you’re taking and items you are not taking.
- Start to sell, or remove items you are not taking with you.
- Find or buy packing supplies.
- Start packing immediately! Hire packing help if you do have experience.
- Prepare an essentials bag or box for daily items.
- Do not pack forbidden items for transport.
- Label and organize all boxes!
- Got pets? Don’t forget to prepare for them!
- Change your home utilities.
- Change your postal address.
- Research medical, school, and other needs in your new location.
- Be prepared. Moving day can be stressful. The more you prepare, the better your moving day will be.
- Take a deep breath. You’re ready for your long-distance move!