Detailed Office Moving Checklist & Infographic
Moving an office or business is a delicate task. The key to success is careful planning and experienced help! Use the following office moving checklist to ensure you’ve considered all of these key factors. Our move management services and organizational plans can be a great way to streamline an office move and minimize the impact on your business.
Moving a business requires strategic planning and expertise – After all, the longer your business is in transition, the less you are working! Using a plan and experienced service providers will ensure your office move is facilitated efficiently and professionally.
Download our full Office Moving Checklist today or preview below.
6 Months Before your Move
- Nominate staff members to a move planning team
- Find an interior designer if applicable
- Plan the design of phone and computer systems
- Start researching moving companies and estimates
3 to 4 Months Before your Move
- Meet with the move planning team
- Finalize the computer and phone system plans
- Finalize design and office structure
2 Months Before your Move
- Schedule all utilities
- Address updates on stationary, business cards, etc.
- Schedule service for copiers and other equipment
- Select your moving company
- Make any necessary new purchases
1 Month Out
- Contact all suppliers regarding your move
- Contact customers regarding your move
- Call for service the day before on copiers, etc.
- Confirm all relevant details are covered by your move planning team
- Make a list of online mediums that need contact information updated
2 to 3 Weeks Out
- Finalize plans with current and new building managers
- Order keys, parking spaces, etc.
- Complete the walkthrough with your movers
- Confirm phone and computer installation plans
The Week Before your Move
- Packing training by your movers (If DIY Packing)
- Furniture and art labeling per your packing training
- Visit new office and confirm all plans OK
- View our office packing tips
- Start packing (If applicable)
The Day Before
- Finish organizing, packing and labeling
- Transfer and re-install all phone and computer equipment (if possible)
- Update online mediums with new contact information
- Share layout plans for both unpacking and for employees to review
- Your movers and your move planners should be the only people present
- Finalize installation of phones and computers
- Unpack according to layout plans
- Return any equipment or boxes used in the move